Home is where the heart is, and Roderick Insurance Brokers help our customers protect the things closest to their heart. Our home and contents insurance offers a highly personal cover for ultimate peace of mind.

We can tailor home insurance to suit specific needs. We ask our customers:

Are you after a cheaper premium and a basic insurance that covers the major perils? OR Do you require broader protection, covering your home for accidental damage and your contents Australia-wide for full loss or damage?

We also offer prestige home insurance. Please contact our Geelong insurance broker team for more information, or request an online home contents insurance quote.

Accidental damage insurance

We recommend accidental damage insurance because it provides full accidental loss or damage to your home and contents wherever they are in the world, unless excluded in the policy wording. This type of policy offers a broader protection than a basic listed events wording – meaning that your contents can be covered for the following:

  • iPod lost or accidentally broken
  • red wine, paint or soft drink spilt on carpet
  • video camera dropped and broken
  • handbag stolen while shopping
  • sportsbag stolen from the gym
  • watch lost
  • diamond lost from damaged engagement ring
  • CDs and other personal items stolen from a car
  • mobile phone dropped in pool or toilet
  • television dropped while trying to plug in gaming console.

These are just a sample of the many accidental loss and damage claims we have received in the past 12 months.

Listed events or defined events insurance

Alternatively there is a cheaper option available called a listed events or defined events policy. This policy will only cover the listed events in the policy. Example events covered include:

  • fire
  • theft
  • storm or rainwater
  • malicious acts
  • breakage of glass
  • fusion
  • impact
  • earthquake
  • water damage
  • valuables.

What are valuable items?

Valuables are usually things like:

  • jewellery and watches
  • items containing gold and silver
  • collections of stamps, money or medals.

Insurance companies often put item limits on “valuable items”, usually $5,000 or $10,000 depending on the type of policy you choose. To have items valued over the limit covered for their full value you must specify them in the policy.

Household removal insurance

Moving house? Protect your belongings whilst they are being moved to your new home.

Home removal insurance has been designed to cover your household goods and personal effects while in transit and also while in storage – providing protection for your precious goods and personal effects.

This policy is suitable for families or individuals moving within Australia or overseas.


Benefits include an optional excess, all risks cover, and most importantly new for old replacement for all items regardless of age.

  • Cover can be extended to insure goods and personal effects in storage at a carrier’s premises for periods nominated by you.
  • Cover may be extended to include motor vehicles, motor cycles and caravans.

If you would like to request a quote, please complete our home and contents insurance quote form.

Please note: the above information does not take into account what you currently have, want and need for your personal circumstances. It is important for you to consider these matters and read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before you make a decision about your home insurance.

We can offer
  • A tailored policy to suit your requirements
  • Professional advice on which covers you should consider
  • Flexible payment options including monthly payments
  • Dedicated account manager
  • Specialised claims service